Featuring The Chadwick Cocktail
Welcome to our first Friday Happy Hour! Each week we’ll be bringing you a new cocktail from around the world. Mostly rum, of course, but with a few variations as well. The point is to have fun, learn a new drink, and get yourself in the right mindset to shake off the work week and have some fun!
This weeks cocktail comes to us from Adam Seger, of Nacional 27 in Chicago. His cocktail, The Chadwick, is a variation on the classic mojito, one of my favorite cocktails on a summer day! But as fall is creeping in and many of our readers are from, well less tropical climates, I figured this version may be fitting. An even more, you’ll also learn how to make a great ingredient for this one.
So lets get started!
- 2 Lime quarters
- 16 Mint leaves
- 1 oz Ginger-habañero syrup (see how to make this below)
- 1 1/2 oz Dark Rum
- 1 oz Pomegranate juice
- Optional Garnishes: Sugar Cane Stick, Mint, CandiedGinger
- Muddle lime and mint in a 16oz pint glass until juicy and aromatic.
- Add syrup, rum, and pomegranate juice.
- Stir, fill with ice, and then stir.
- Top with soda, and stir once more.
- Optional Garnishes: Sugar Cane Stick, Mint, Candied
- and most importantly…ENJOY!!
Note that the pepper is removed after 5 minutes. That is done so that the syrup is not overly hot, so forgetting about this important step will ruin an otherwise good cocktail.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 seeded habañero pepper
- 2 oz sliced fresh ginger
- Heat to just before boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove habañero 5 minutes after taking off of heat.
- Allow to cool completely and strain out ginger.
- Keeps sealed in refrigerator for 3 weeks.
If you enjoyed this cocktail be sure to follow Adam on Twitter at @adamseger and go see him if you are in Chicago at the amazing Nacional 27!
Have a great Weekend everyone CHEERS!!
Check out all of our Salty Swag:
You can also follow our salty adventures here!!