The Gifted Rums Guide established a panel of experts to evaluate fine rums. Their collective expertise is unrivaled in the spirits world. These noted experts on cane spirits are often invited to appraise new rum products and judge spirits at international rum tasting competitions.
Recently I was invited to join the ranks of these great rum lovers.
Our combined experience spans many dozens of countries and hundreds of brands. We are authors, lecturers, trainers, historians, journalists, consultants, collectors, proprietors, mixologists and promoters of rum.
As a team, we offer uniquely credible and comprehensive evaluations of rum products for consumers and professionals.
Rum XP Judges and Their Affiliations
- Robert A. Burr – National Rum Examiner
- Robert V. Burr – The Rum Scout & National Rum Examiner
- Ian Burrell – Cottons Caribbean Restaurant. London, England
- Dave Broom – His book, RUM. Whiskey Magazine.
- Luis & Margaret Ayala - Got Rum Magazine
- Jeff “Beachbum” Berry – Beachbum Berry’s Grog Blog and his book Beachbum Berry Remixed
- Martin Cate – Smuggler’s Cove Restaurant. San Francisco, California.
- Wayne Curtis – Author, “…And a Bottle of Rum: A History of the New World in 10 Cocktails”
- Mike Streeter – Rumconnection.com
- Peter & Pauline Holland – The Floating Rum Shack
- John Gibbons – Spirit ambassador, cocktail enthusiast, rum fanatic.
- Dirk Becker – Rumclub, Berlin. Drum Rum Blog (German).
- Bob “The Rummelier” Davies – The Rumelier and Caribbean Rum
- Roger Patteson – RnD Rum Reviews
- Dave Russell - RnD Rum Reviews
- Forrest Cokely – A Drink with Forest
- Adam Canter – Rum Bar. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Helena “Tiare” Olsen – A Mountain of Crushed Ice
- Tatu Kaarlas – Refined Vices
- Kristina Wolf – the N.O.S.E.. and Rum Consulting.
- Rene van Hoven – Author, Rum Yesterday and Today. Rum Pages blog.
- Bernhard Schafer – Rum Judges and Spirits Consulting.
- Matt “Rum Dood” Robold – RumDood.com
- Jurgen Deibel – Spirits Consulting
- Joe & Nicole Desmond - Rhum Rhum Room
- Paul McFadyen – Brand Manager, Plantation Rum.
- Ian Williams – Author; Rum, the social and social history of the real Spirit of 1776. Rum Pundit blog.
- Blair “Trader Tiki” Reynolds – Tiki blogger and syrup master.
- Paul “Rum Daddy” Artrip – The Rum Daddy
- Chris Carlsson – Spirits Review
- Arturo Sighinolfi -Southern Wine and Spirits
- Juan del Busto – Rum collector
- Pavol Kazimir – Dominican Rums
- “Bahama Bob” Leonard – Bahama Bob’s Rum Styles
- Hank Koestner – Rum collector